Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Serious Summer Loves

With all of the sadness that is evident with the riots I feel the need to escape to a simpler place, my Miss Jones place.
In the grand scheme of things the following post is irrelevant and totally self indulgent, but if this creates some escapism for even a few minutes to readers then I am happy.

I'm going to dive straight into a few products that I am loving right now. I have been using these almost everyday since early June-ish and they have been my stars of the summer. I think it's time to do my summer raves as my attentions will soon be turning to Autumn/Winter 11 collections...yes already!

First up summer just isn't summer without a kick ass bronzer. This MAC Studio careblend pressed powder in Lush - Light Bronze is a LE rosy pink brown £19.




It has more of a glow to it than other MAC bronzers I have tried with the pink undertones it adds a shot of a healthy glow
Next up GLOSS! Estee Lauder Pure colour gloss 49 Frivolous Pink sparkle £16. This is a super pretty pink pale pink high shine gloss with fine flecks of pink/gold glitter. It doesn't give you tacky disco lips, the shimmer just adds some crackin' volume to your pout.





Estee Lauder -  Frivolous Pink sparkle
More for the lips.. Topshop Ooh La La Lipstick £8. To anyone who has yet to try Topshop make up I urge you to do so. This is a matte peach/coral which applies really nicely. It reminds me of Barry M 53 but has a much creamier consistency. I adore it. Their nail polishes are also exceptional for value and staying power with a lovely glossy finish.






I purchased these 2 absolute bargains off the cuff on offer for 2 for £5!!! Collection 2000 Mosaic glow and sheer loose powder. I'm shocked at how much I love these 2 products. The powder is really finely milled and the mosaic glow could easily be compared to the Bobbi Brown Bronze shimmer brick for a fraction of the price. This adds a glow without the chunks of glitter that even MAC MSFs sometimes do. Highly recommend both of these.



Top - Collection 2000 Mosaic glow, Bottom MAC Careblend pressed powder

I am going to do the rest as a part 2, I'm conscious this is becoming increasingly picture heavy. What products have stood out for you this summer?

Much Love

Miss Jones

xxx

14 comments:

  1. Want that topshop lipstick now!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, nice choices girl!

    I've been loving the topshop lippies - my go tos have been super brights - Rio Rio and Brighton Rock - would go as far to say their wearability has topped MAC for me :)

    a x

    Girl in the City Glasgow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that top shop lippy i must get my hands on one. Im kicking myself as i was in meadowhall the otherday and its my nearest topshop that sells makeup and i forgot to go in. I want to try some cream blushers as well as ive not tried any of the brand yet.
    Nice to see you blogging again sweety xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get on this Topshop makeup business! Im loving Macs "Well dressed" as a blush/highlight and Elfs complete Coverage Concealer- perfect for summer. Lovely Blog entry espesh showing the lipstick on your lips- swatches just dont help near as enough! xxx

    http://aspirationsofglam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! <3 Both the lipgloss and the lipstick look really amazing on you, I wish I could pull of colors like Ooh La La!

    http://thedollhousediary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. great purchases
    I like that lipgloss! it looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the lip gloss, it looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving that pink gloss..thanks miss jones!

    xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great products i love them all. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really want to try the top shop lipstivks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those colors on the lips are just stunning! Love both the gloss and the lipstick!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh these look so so fab. I love a nice multi-tonal bronzer it always makes you look really sunkissed and illuminated. I haven't tried any Topshop make up, I feel like I'm really missing out. in truth I havent been in topshop in forever, which is like a cardinal sin or something but I really need to go investigate I think.

    dp
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the packaging of the MAC powder! been debating whether or not to get ooh la la by topshop, and this really helped so huge thanks.
    check out my blog?
    The Polished Pixie
    xoxo

    P.S. everyone who commented above saying the products all suited you were totally right!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, Make my day xxx