I now have a grown up phone so I have had some connection to the outside world but very very limited. I would see updates from Nicoletta via FB and let me tell you it was a daily tease. I have still not fully caught up on my reading so if all my usual faves have had no comments on posts, the chances are I haven't read them yet!
On to business.
Avon Ideal shade Natural liquid foundation with SPF 10
Silky smooth, radiant formula softens the look of lines, wrinkles and pores, and the buildable medium coverage lets you conceal imperfections for a flawless finish. Oil free.
What miss Jones says
The words Avon and foundation fill me with images of orange tide marks, mask like veils and crappy packaging and this was mostly true for the Avon of the 80's and early 90's but New Avon is no longer a dirty word in the blogging community.
I got this foundation when Avon held a kind of Illamasqua-esque amnesty where you took in an old foundation and could order any other product and pay only £5. I chose this because hey Ideal shade does sound crackin'!
I assumed there would be a likeness to L'Oreal True Match which I used to love but it oxidises like no other, well Infallible also does, in fact all L'Oreal foundations I have tried have oxidised (If you are to buy 'True match" maybe get a shade lighter or save it for the summer months because it will become too dark and not so much a true match very soon).
I literally bought this with the lowest of expectations, almost hating it before i even tried it (shame on me).
I LOVE IT!
It is everything that I hoped Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua would be but wasn't. For review and horrific images click here.
It feels fresh, light, smells good, blends well and retails for £10.50. It is a light to medium coverage but just feels so so so lovely to apply. You know some mornings you get the dreaded *here i go again slapping the make up on with a trowel feeling* this removes that element but still covers well. It is definitely buildable and photographs well. No flashback, no oily mess, and has an SPF of 10!
I highly recommend this to just about anybody whether your skin is normal, dry, aging - this would look hot on you. Maybe not so good for very blemished skin or very very oily skin. My skin is slightly oily but this lasts so well as it is an oil free formulation.
Application is less tricky that with the Rimmel 25 hour (which I have to revisit due to a few comments I have seen), this glides on really nicely and feels a lot like a high end tinted moisturiser.
Now the negatives (I like to be picky)
- Selecting the ideal shade is tricky I literally did a quick eenie meenie from 2 which I guessed looked like they would be ok. Not the best method for selecting a colour which you will be using on your face! Luckily I hit jackpot the colour is spot on I ordered Natural Beige and in MAC terms would liken this to NW 25...ish.
- You have to wait quite a long time for delivery - I ordered through a rep where I work and there is a 3 week turnaround on new brochures so maybe 2 weeks for delivery? you may get it sooner depending on who you order with.
- Same gripe as Chanel, no pump just a glass bottle that you have to bang on your hand resulting in a mass pile of product - ADD A PUMP AVON AND CHANEL -simples!
- It tends to settle into a bit of a watery looking liquid when not used so give it a good old shake prior to using,
I like to use my fingertips and keep it nice and simple.
If you live in the OL area and want to order some coincidentally my sister is now a rep so message me and I will pass on the order this of course basically goes to all my friends - ditch your usual rep and go to my lovely sibling : )
IMAGE (Largely alcohol fuelled I forgot to take the obligatory mug whore shot..oops)
|Very drunk girls (I hope they don't read this i think my friend to the left may be a little mad at me unfortunately I have no other pictures : /|
|OK so you can barely see my skin but to be fair I aint shinin or patchy and what better way to test out a new foundation that when drinking/dancing/sweating|
Hazaaar for Avon calling!
OK on to the Rimmel, it's been so long since I did the rave review (revisit here) and in the meantime I have had my ups and downs with it and have seen a few comments basically slating it.
If you love high end then no Rimmel isn't for you but for the other 80% of young girls this is a true full coverage long lasting foundation which DOES last and WILL cover blemishes or pigmentation.
Aging skin needs to steer clear of this and very dry skin also needs to back the hell away.
I do find that if I use more than 1 pump it can look cakey this is a fabulous product when applied correctly.
Here is a step by step of what works for me
- Ensure skin is cleansed and moisturised as usual (i have been using the Derma Full facial filling serum which is on offer for £20 it is AMAZING!) it preps skin beautifully I am only 25 and have no wrinkles to speak of but this is a lovely luxurious feeling primer which adds a luminosity to the finish
- If using fingertips use 1 pump for both cheeks and 1 pump for eyes nose and forehead do not us mo than 2 pumps this is when problems occur. the product blends better when the warmth of the fingertip allows it to melt into the skin - pay attention when blending around the nose.
- If you don't like the idea of using your fingers squirt 2 pumps onto the back of your hand and using a FLAT foundation brush apply quickly to the cheeks, forehead, eyes and nose immediately and stipple and blend with a stippling/fibre brush I highly rate the ELF powder brush!!!
- you must work quickly as this will 'set' and you do need the slip from a moisturiser to allow the glide
*if you want a full coverage with some luminosity try mixing 1 pump 25 hour with 1/2 a turn of Benefit Girl Meets Pearl this will be my summer choice on top of a tan : )
Phew whole lot of foundation talk there!
Just finished in time for TOWIE...How beautiful was Lucy's MU in the scene with Lauren - she rocked the red lip/liner combo. I also love Sam's heavy blush.
Does anyone else find themselves guessing what colour/brand when they see make up on TV. It is so annoying as I cant fully watch a programme - always my mind wanders over to the make up side...oh that is Russian Red, that is definitely pink nouveau aaahhh *obsessed*