Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Foundation Review Part 1 of 3 Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua

I have recently been testing some foundations, one high end and two lower end products. The 'test' has been taking place over the past 2 weeks as I wanted to give as much information as possible.

Purchasing the right foundation can be a daunting task and I always take heed from fellow bloggers reviews especially when contemplating buying a high end product.

My skin is now what I would class as normal/oily.

*Fair test - Applied with fingers to check true coverage, reviewed after 5 hours wear for signs of slipping, oil, coverage*

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua  - Baby sister of Vitalumiere

Here is what Chanel say:

'Its soft and evanescent ultra-fine fluid texture is a real surprise. Although it is exceptionally delicate and light, an incomparable “second-skin, the skin glows with seemingly nude beauty. As if glowing from within
'



What does Miss Jones say?

I had really high expectations of this product because hello - It's Chanel!

I have to say out of the three tested, this is the foundation that I was most disappointed with.

It was lovely to apply, it had a pleasant scent and blended well, I used B20 and set with a fine dusting of powder. It has an SPF of 15 and I would say light coverage which could be buildable at a push to medium.

How did it measure up after half day work - mid nursery run?

I actually felt like I could not wait to wash this off my face, oil slick central!

I checked all of the foundations at the same time of the day whilst in my car. Lighting was good on all occasions and nothing magnifies imperfections like the rear view mirror (I was not driving at the time...honest!
)



When first applied - i look so moody! mornings are not my best 

*heave* after 2 hours max - you can see the chin and cheek areas beginning to wilt and NO I had not used High beam or any highlighter for that matter this really is just 'luminous" oil..nice

My skin felt far from nude, I would go as far to say it felt very uncomfortable on me. After just 2 hours of wear I had to blot excess oil and felt grubby. Not what you want so early in the day.

This would be a super duper foundation for someone who had good skin which was a little on the dry side, It would of been fabulous for me in my teens (my skin has gotten oilier with age - hey at least it's minimising the aging process! every cloud & all that)

I would also say this would be excellent for sunbed users. It would add that healthy moisturised look which is often lacking for the sunbed guilty (I used to be one of them! *slap wrist*)


Overall this did nothing for me. I would be better suited to Pro Lumiere or even Mat Lumiere. When skin is prone to oiliness it is so much easier to add luminosity onto a matte canvas rather than trying to battle she sheen all day.


The other two foundations are both lower end which I will post about individually also or this will be one hella read! I think you will be pleasantly surprised with one of the brands which is my new favourite : )


Hope this helps, for all those Chanel lovers out there I hate to slate your love but remember this is based on my experience and my skin type.

Happy Midweek everybody...we're halfway there!

Love

Miss Jones

xxx

11 comments:

  1. Goodness, if that's what your skin looks like when it's bad then I want! Disappointing that a foundation that is so expensive doesn't work for your skin :(

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant post - although slightly gutted, this was on my next buy list... hmmm!

    looking forward to seeing your other reviews

    a x
    www.girlinthecityglasgow

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, I had not wanted to try this, and I can safely say I want it even less now haha!!
    No thanks!

    Great review ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @nude obsession ah bless u honey it was a massive disappointment!

    @girl in the city it could work for you if you have a drier skin than my oil fest, the winner is a shocker ooohhh i love to tease : )

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review - it echoes exactly what my sentiments were on vitalumiere aqua!
    I've not tried it, nor do I want to. I didn't get on with normal vitalumiere and ended up giving it away...the aqua version to me just seems like a glorified tinted moisturiser?!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review! I've been wanting to try this out, maybe I'll stick with my Mat Lumiere!

    http://beautyaddictanonymous.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow it does not live up to hype at all, thanks for fab review- xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @welsh beauty EXACTLY glorified tinted moisturiser!

    @R I need to try the mat lume next for my oily zones

    @beautyH2T certainly does not live up at all...i must stress though it would be fab on dry clear skin xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, great review!



    www.beautyblogxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey lovely, i had a sample of this and i thought it was ok but nothing special. I have the pro lumiere and its my favourite foundation. I agree it would be a great foundation for someone who has good skin already xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what is so strange? I tried a sample of this today. It looked amazing on my skin because I wouldn't say I had many spots, but IT MADE ME LOOK LIKE AN OIL SLICK TOO!! I couldn't believe it. :(

    I'm tempted to buy the product though because I love the finish but I need to make sure I powder properly... you say you powdered too and ended up an oil slick?

    Try Laura Mercier silk creme foundation btw if you havent already. it's superb. xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, Make my day xxx