Monday, 24 January 2011

Where oh where oh where is shadow?

Bear in the big blue house...gotta love it!

One of my biggest facial woes is the dark under eye ring which is sadly often present on my unmade up face. Lack of sleep will do that to a girl, I also find mine to be worse when dieting and exercising.

Just the other day at the gym mid crunch I caught a glimpse of my perspiring mug sans make up and I was horrified at what lay before my eyes. I could of had a couple of plums under my eyes, it was hideous.

So needless to say this area is an absolute must when it comes to that magic potion we call concealer.

Almost all MUA will recommend colour correcting for combating the blue ring. Bobbi Brown in particular really hammers on in her book about the importance of neutralising the blue/purple tinge with a warmer shade. Also her colour corrector is adored by many and in her own words is 'the secret of the universe'.

It's basic colour wheel stuff which my head cant handle explaining on a Sunday evening after 1 or 3 bottles of wine last night. It's also a concept I have always adhered to and found to work, but this method often needs an eye brightener/highlighter also if you want that fresh look not just to simply conceal the darkness.

*at time of writing it was Sunday evening*

I organise my mornings with military precision. Trying to make myself, my son and my home presentable in the morning before leaving the house at 8.30 is often a toil so saving a few precious minutes when applying my make up is a bonus!

I am not one of those mums that can just leave the house with no make up on. I remember so many people saying to me during my pregnancy 'oh just you wait when that baby comes there will  be no time for make up'

What the hell? As if! I need it more than ever never mind  no time. I MAKE time!

Anyway Iv gone off track reign it in Miss Jones, the point of this post is this,

Illamasqua Concealer, it's quick and it works!


I like to use either a fluffy blending brush to conceal blemishes then a fine brush to conceal the bump of the blemish. For under eyes I like to us my fingertips to warm the product then rock my finger back and forth dabbing along the under eye area

I spoke to one of the nicest people in Illamasqua and gained so much from him in half the time I have ever spent in MAC or at any other counter. There was no hard sell, no pretension just a very knowledgeable helpful young man who seemed to completely understand what I wanted and needed.

Like me he also was a sufferer of dark eyes and swore by their concealer as opposed to the under eye concealer which in his words can look cakey on dry skin. Coverage is second to none so there is no need to mask or correct. It is also super blendable. The shade I have is what he called standard European, I binned the box in a giddy frenzy and the actual concealer has no shade name or number on it. So I am totally in the dark as to what it actually is however it is also light enough to create that awake highlighted look.

As a massive bonus it covers spots like no other. It is a little on the light side for blemishes on my skin tone so I need to purchase the next shade up but I can still make it work using a fluffy brush to blend into the skin and by powdering and bronzing as I usually would.

It costs £13 which some will see as pricey some will See as reasonable. I think it is absolutely worth every penny as so little product is needed.

I feel like I've cracked it with this product and can not recommend highly enough.

I have been using this after applying my eye cream which is something I picked up from my Bobbi brown manual who stresses the importance of moisturised skin prior to applying any make up in near enough every section of the book.

My eye cream of choice is AVON ANEW Rejuvenate 24 hour eye cream which I have been using for approx 5 weeks or so. There are two products in one. A cream for day and a thicker gel for night. Both absorb well and don't feel to heavy they also do not make my eyes sting like so many other eye creams I have tried. I love how the pot is split into 2 sections and how you can easily see which range would be beneficial to you. Whether in your 20's 30's 40's 50's or 60's the ANEW range has something for everyone. And do I see a difference? Yes!



AVON ANEW REJUVENATE 24 HR CREAM - Top Day cream Bottom Night Gel


I was becoming really paranoid about pesky lines under my eyes which were tiny but nonethless they were still there. I feel this cream has improved the beginnings of the lines I had. Make up also sits better on top of the day cream as mentioned earlier.

The ANEW range has products for all ranges dependong on the intensity of the *ahem* wrinkle/line of life.

Here is me wearing the combo after I had been drinking evil evil wine the night before and after just 6 hours sleep.


Products Used
Bourjois Helathy Mix Foundation (LOVE)
Illamasqua concealer
ELF HD (as always)
Nars Orgasm Blush
MAC Bare Study Paint pot as base
Illamasqua Jules Shadow in socket, under eye and on brows
Rimmel White eyeliner on water line
Maybelline Great Lash (oldy but a goody)
Revlon Pink Pout Lipstick (LOVE)
MAC Lipglass Icescape

Excuse the hair this is a WHOLE new post..naught naught Umberto!

Have a splendid week everyone!

xxx


7 comments:

  1. Wow I was so thinking the Bobbi Brown Corrector for undereye after my undereye concealer now runs out but this looks really good, and it's so much cheaper! Thank you :) And that's really good to hear about the customer service, I hate most people at MAC! Can't wait for my first Illamasqua experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You look FAB missus! Love the lashes, how utterly gorge..
    This concealer sounds great, one day I must get round to trying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great post! I have horrendous dark circles too so I might give the avon cream a go! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks great, you would never know you had so little sleep.
    I have this eyecream nut i've not tried it yet so i'm really pleased to see a good review on it.
    That foundation looks lovely as well.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I have such dark circles at the moment (perhaps because I'm dieting?) and nothing will budge them, indeed most of my concealer seem to draw more attention to the problem.

    I love Illamasqua and will be buying this asap

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah me too - i have started using benefits under eye tretment - seems to do the trick - for now xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have dark eye circles, loved the post!

    check out my blog and if you like it please subscribe :)

    http://beautyaddictanonymous.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, Make my day xxx