Friday, 14 January 2011

General Update on the world of Miss Jones

Good evening all,

What a joy to be tinkling at the keys again and communicating with the beautiful beauty blogging world.

I have had an absolutely manic 2011 so far. My one and only new years resolution was to move to a house in a quiet area with a lovely garden for my son to cause bother in.

It has been achieved already! I move on the 26th Feb and I can not wait.

But I am sacrificing my very own shabby chic dressing room for this lovely little house perfect for my family. Hence I am in the middle of a massive sort out on a major scale. Shoes, bags clothes - I'm gonna sell the lot! Well not the lot obviously but a large proportion of it.

To be fair a lot of what I have is no longer needed. When I was going out 3-4 nights every week whilst being a student I did 'need' the colossal amount of items I own. But now I'm a grown up I have a big night out every 4-6 weeks and I would rather have a few amazing, timeless dresses or pairs of shoes rather than 4 wardrobes full of high street. Lets face it fashion is fast and I'm not getting the wear out of half of my things.

I have also been really really good with my diet and exercise regime (I figured I have to make another resolution). I am hoping to lose 10lbs before June which will take to me happy weight of a loose size 12 and occasional size 10. This is a size I feel most comfortable at and feel it is achievable.

I put on a whopping 4 stone whilst I was pregnant, yes 4 stone!!!!!! What can I say I was a big un. In my defence I am almost 5ft 8 so gaining so much didn't look so bad, it looked bad but not 'little round rolling ball' bad.

I have lost 3 and a half of those just being a mum and busy busy busy but these 10 lbs are gonna kick my ass. I'm doing cardio like a mad woman and resistance training all in a bid to feel half decent come the summer months.

My final bit of news is that I have decided on a wedding theme. I was at a loss not really getting that excited picturing a summers day with lots of lovely flowers and sunshine. But as soon as I brought my favourite time of year into the equation I was frothing at the mouth and practically vomitting confetti with excitement.

Yes a winter wedding is what we shall have 2013. I have dreamed of this since I was a child. I am like mother claus on crack as soon as November is upon us so this wedding planning is going to as fun as the big day itself. I have the exact image in my head of everything I want and it feels magical <3

I know this wasn't make up related but sometimes I just want to keep you all up to date : )

Tomorrow I have to review my miracle concealer I need to take my 'after' picture but I have had a manic night involving breathalysers and police. Don't panic purely routine as a bike decided to crash into me! pah.

Now I'm off to watch True Blood, new season! Excited!

Happy Friday everyone

xxx

3 comments:

  1. Super lovely blog!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finding your new place and good luck with the sort out! Are you going to try eBay or start up a little blog shop on here? I agree with you that fasion moves so fast but I find it so hard to let go of anything I still have in my wardrobes now, I don't envy you your task.
    Good luck also with that final 10lbs I know it's so tough, I tried Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD and lost 10lbs over four months which I was so chuffed about, it's a hard workout but it's also just 20 minutes long so doable.
    I love winter weddings (winter Pimms always seems to make an apperance which is a great thing in my book), I hope you'll share some of your plans on here? (sorry for the ramble!)
    XX

    Kittenish Behaviour Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore your blog!

    I'm a new follower via GFC.

    Carli
    http://www.grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, Make my day xxx