Sunday, 7 November 2010

How Many Colours? Front Cover Review and Rihanna Inspired Eyes

 I have been meaning to do this review for some time but I felt that I wanted to use and experiment with all my mite before I gave the full word up on the product.

Firstly I should say that I am not affiliated with this brand in anyway and my opinion is 100% honest based upon what I have found from using the product.

Okay so that's the babble over with. 

A lovely Lil lady over at Front Cover sent me the Front Cover to go which can only be described as a great big box of colourful delights.

Handy tips from MUA to achieve various looks. Easy to follow and a must for anyone unsure on techniques


It arrived safe and sound with no injuries to the little domes of sparkling vivid colour, my first impression was wow!

Yum yum yum yum

So what do you get?
10 Baked domed shadows 
3 Twinkle domed baked shadows
5 Duos
2 pressed
1 Shadow line 
1 Compact which fits 4 shadows also includes a great mirror
Double ended Applicator


I managed to use the brush to create a full look using 7 colours (pics below).

I was tempted to grab my other brushes but challenged myself to see if it was possible to use just the brush provided. Unlike most brushes which come with other palettes on the market it is actually worthy of using especially with the smaller brush ideal for detailing under the eye or working in the socket line.






The Palette is ideal for popping your favourite shades into for traveling or a night on the town I LOVE the mirror.
I know Front Cover have done a large palette before called Rainbow eyes, my sister has it and although she raved about the tips and the pigment etc we did conclude that it would be difficult to travel with purely due to the size.
The 'GO' set has sorted this dilemma with the genius little separates that can be switched ans swapped as and when your heart desires.





I am using Silver Dollar, Powder Puff, Twinkling Grape and Black Spark all of which scream Christmas to me : D


I used the set to create a look which was a little bit of this and a little bit of that. The colours are all so enticing you cant help but explore.

I lie, actually it is very loosely inspired by Rihanna (click to see after performance interview and a glimpse of the make up). She wore an amazing lime green eye on the Simon Cowell creates pop star in ridiculous amount of time show (X Factor) I guiltily watch and moan every week. 

Silver Dollar base, Citronella crush lids, Tarn green/Bright Aqua socket, Bayou/Midnight Lower Lash line, Azimuth outer Corner

Please ignore my puffy skin, sallow complexion and half damp hair it was 7am pre caffeine  

They apply like a dream, blend like butter and stay put all day. Fall down is minimum unlike other mass produced bright palettes they feel and apply like a good quality shadow. The intensity of the colours shown is minus primer hence you could actually up the colour pay if desired.

J'adore!

The Shadow Line is similar to the Too Faced product where you mix the clear liquid with any shadow to create a liner. You MUST remember to clean the nib before dipping back into the liquid or it will ruin for future use.

You could either mix a paste on your hand to create an intense shadow or literally dip n line as severe or subtle as you like.
Moondust above dipped and lined, Copper coin below to the right mixed to create a strong paste to the left subtly lined with
Final Thought
Fandabiozi- That's it I have no critique whatsoever if I was to be really picky possibly make the brush a little fluffier to blend but that is being really picky.

Front Cover can be purchased from Boots and is currently on their 3 for 2 offer. I would recommend this to those starting out with Make up who need to build up their kit but would also recommend to MUA's for a fun cheaper alternative to MAC especially now they are easier to travel with.

I would definitely look towards making more shadows as individual pans if Miss Jones was up there with the big wig brains in Front Cover towers and maybe selling the compacts in various sizes so a make up magpie can collect and create the ultimate palette. The colours really are beautiful.

I hope if nothing else this review has maybe swayed at least one persons opinion. Its easy to see a set in Boots already packaged unable to swatch and think it's likely to be rubbish. Think again girls and boys, this is a winner!!! : D Kudos to Front cover

xxxxx

3 comments:

  1. This looks a fab buy and love the look you created very sexy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous eye makeup!

    Just came across your blog! Would love for you to enter the giveaway on my blog!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicoletta i highly recommend!!! thanks doll : )

    Dylana thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, Make my day xxx