Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Christmas / Holiday Make up

Hello all,

I have been avoiding the FOTD's recently due to a bad skin flare up which I blame on the darn evil cold weather and silly old me frollicking with new skin care products.

I have taken my routine back to basics and will be doing a post soon on what has worked to clear up my sensitive/combination/breakout hell! All whilst dealing with the pressures of wrinkle prevention. Gee whizz us girls have a lot to contend with.

But I have swallowed my pride and put my insecurities on hold for the sake of sharing a very easy peasy effective look perfect for christmas parties.

I must warn this is very picture heavy so I do apologise. Also Miss Jones hasn't gone crazy yes my eyes are different to save time doing 2 different looks I have merged them into one.

To begin I used Sleek Kajal in Odyssey to prime my lids with. Using a dark primer is perfect to create a real 'pop' especially in winter months when we can up the drama a notch or 10.



I like to use purple as an alternative to black because it adds a lil something extra to any colour you layer over the top. 

Ok here goes, on one eye I used Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Surge dabbed over the top with a flat brush (for review see here ). 

On the other eye I used a Barry M dazzle dust which I have had for so long it has been discontinued but it looks like a hybrid of Fig and Red or possibly Burgundy Noir. This was also dabbed with a flat dense brush.

hmm looks a lil creepy but bear with me....

If I was to wear this look I wouldn't line my top lashes or wear anything dramatic on the lower lash line





Aaaarhhhh!!!!! Crazy lady!!!!


On Lips I prepped with Mac Fluidline gel liner in Black which looks absolutely disgusting because it is so matte and well so black. BUT when a glossy lipstick is applied over the top it creates a rich depth perfect for recreating this seasons deep lip trend. 

*Ensure lips are not dry or chapped or the dark pigment will scream out skanky lip alert*

The lipstick I used over the top was a MUA in shade 1 (to see how it looks ridin solo click here) it is super glossy and £1!!! Coincidentally I am including one in my giveaway because it is so very lovely ENTER HERE


I have kept my skin pale using Revlon CS in Ivory and a tiny amount of Bourjois Blush in No 16. Benefit Bad Gal eye pencil was used on the waterline and Rimmel Sexy curves mascara. 

Well thats all for now my little bobby dazzlers what make up will you be wearing for the party season?









3 comments:

  1. Look at those eyes... PERFECT for the holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so pretty! I love all the glitter, especially around the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, Make my day xxx