Sunday, 10 October 2010

Illamasqua Liquid Metal and Pure Pigment Review

The dark nights are closing in, the winter chill is in the air so what does ones mind wander to? Planning my make up for the festive period of course. Previous you may think but nay nay in a beauty bloggers mind this is quite acceptable and even rational (especially considering secretly I have been gazing into the future imagining what delights I shall be going all gooey over in prep for SS11)

Imagine the scene, Friday night at Selfridges caught between MAC and Illamasqua with a DJ pumping out Candi Staton, Michael Jackson and En Vogue. Women swatching left right and centre, excited chatter in the air, credit cards beep beeping and heels click clicking.

Heaven.

I felt shivers like no other and excitement bordering on that of an adrenalin junkie pre bungee jump.

After much debate and anguish I finally selected Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Surge and Pure Pigment in Ore.


To the left Surge, to the right Ore. Above with flash below without.

As you can see....be-au-ti-ful!

Surge is a cream shadow which packs a punch even with slight creasing the pigment stays true, colour is a beautiful platinum. It could be glammed up with lashes and a strong lip for serious wow factor or played down with some smudgy kohl, natural skin and nude lips for an edgy modern rock/grunge look. To minimise creasing if your not a fan of that look dust with a little loose powder (I like to use ELF HD) as it doesn't interfere with the colour pay off.

Now over to Ore, It has been a long time since I have seen a pigment which has resulted in the same reaction that Ore gave. The pictures do not do it justice, it really is super duper. I have green eyes so this screamed out to me above the other yummy colours as I know this will compliment my peepers the most. It is scrumptious and again the options are endless. Used alone would be stunning, apply over surge for a molten smoulder or mix with body lotion for a sexy bronze shim shimmy.

Illamasqua as a brand is very much for those more daring. It is geared towards ladies who are not make up shy. All products in their range are stunning in their own right even if blue lips are not for you.

Longevity of these are also second to none, for a pigment and cream shadow (both known for their lack of staying power) they lasted all night long.....(i woke up at 9.30am looking like something out of the rocky horror show but hey ho but at least we know we can rely on them for lasting).

I will be pushing these products over the coming weeks for any make up jobs I do because I am in the honeymoon stage of our relationship and love them to bits!

Anyone else have glowing reviews for any Illamasqua products?





2 comments:

  1. ore is soooo gorgeous! i love your about me btw, made me laugh at the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. : ) ore really is one hunky chunck of a pigment xxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, Make my day xxx