Tuesday, 1 June 2010

A Bejewelled FOTD

Well well what have we here, Another FOTD Miss Jones?  I still have bitter sweet feelings about posting my FOTD. On one hand I LOVE that it could provide inspiration to at least one person who reads it yet on the flip side I cringe at the prospect that people may assume I do them for a cheap ego hit. I really don't!

It is all too easy to get caught in a make up rut, people often wear their comfort blanket make up (staple pieces they have had for years) due to feeling scared of stepping out of their comfort zone (which will be addressed in an upcoming post). However for some it is lack of inspiration, sometimes even make up junkies need a little help when we hit a creative brick wall. So...my FOTD was built upon a Revlon 12 hour colourstay Quad eyeshadow in Gems and Jewels (17). I've had this product for a few weeks but had yet to use it so today was the day for it's very first outing.

The poses are the worst...I pull these bizarre faces in an attempt to show the gradient of colours that have been used!



And more.........




OK so that's enough whoring for the camera now onto what was used to create this look.....

face -
Revlon Photoready Foundation (cool beige)
YSL Touche Eclat
ELF High Definition powder
St Tropez matte bronzer
MAC Mineralize skin finish (shimpagne)

Eyes -
No.7 stay perfect smoothing and brightening eye base
Zara Vanilla cream matte shadow (exact dupe for Macs Vanilla but sadly no longer available) used all over eye up to brow
Revlon palest shade from quad inner third of the lid
Revlon pinky shimmer from quad remaining 2 thirds of the eye
Revlon Plum socket line 
Revlon Navy outer V of the eye and lower lash line
Barry M Dazzle Dust (47) bronze red smudged along upper lash line
MAC fluidline (blacktrack) top lash line 
Urban Decay 24/7 glide in eye pencil (covet) waterline
Collection 2000 Magi length mascara (so cheap but so good!) blackest black
Ruby and Millie brow enhancer in Beige

Lips 
Revlon matte lipstick (pink pout) 

As you can see this look was all about the eyes. By layering the colour and texture it creates a multi dimensional look which is really not given any justice on camera.

Hope this has been either enjoyable, influential or informative.

Tara for now 

xxxxxxx


11 comments:

  1. sweets your eye make up is amazing! :)

    thanks for the cute comment too - don't think you came up on my list of followers though, but maybe I'm just being daft (it's been a loooong day!)

    loving the tips though x

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww girl in the city forgive my tardiness I must of gotten giddy and closed the window before completing the process....now i am a dedicated follower : )

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful eyes, I love the choice of colours you used :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. miss jones you're there!! :) aaw yay, now I can pop over to your blog easily too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. your eye makeup looks sooooooo lovely they are a cute selection of colours :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the combination of colors. It suits you really well.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your eyes look beautiful!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. now i have eye inspiration for the day, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great makeup! I really like your blog.

    I'm following you :)

    If you want to check out my blog it's http://www.all-of-your-beauty.com/

    We are having a giveaway for a Burberry 10 piece manicure set. Stop by for your chance to win ! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oo i love this look :) XX

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, Make my day xxx